Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk in Philadelphia

Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk pic
Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk pic
Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk
Image: the3day.org

A graduate of New York University, Jay Zises serves as chairman the investment management firm A Cap, Inc., based out of New York City. Interested in giving back, Jay Zises supports a number of philanthropic organizations, including Susan G. Komen.

Since 1982 Susan G. Komen has funded more than $920 million toward breast cancer research and more than $2 billion in medical care, more than any other nonprofit and second to only the US government in funding. Helping millions in more than 60 countries, the organization states that 81 percent of its funds go toward screening, treatment, and education, while the remaining 19 percent go toward fundraising and administrative work.

Popular fundraisers include the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walks, which occur simultaneously across the country. People can register as a team or as an individual, and they must be at least 16 years of age by the end of the year. Walkers must also raise at least $2,300. The Philadelphia 3-Day is scheduled for August 25-27, 2017, and will take walkers past the historic sites in the city, with two nights spent at a camp designated for participants.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s